Substance Abuse Counselor
Sorry, this job has expired.
Fort Myers, FL
$13.67 – $16.35
Do you have a strong work ethic? Are you willing to be a productive part of our team and assist us in providing the highest quality services to those we work with? Then Boley Centers is the place for you!
We are now hiring a Substance Abuse Counselor at Operation PAR's Medication Assisted Patient Services (MAPS) program.
MAPS provides quality non-residential opioid maintenance therapy to eligible persons who suffer from the effects of opioid dependence. Operation PAR, Inc. is a nonprofit organization.
As a Counselor you will perform substance abuse and mental health counseling work on an individual patient basis and in a group setting. You will also provide evaluation, screening, and assessment services. You are responsible for servicing your primary caseload along with other patients as assigned, and documenting in accordance with company standards.
$13.67 - $16.35 hour (based on credentials & experience)
• Bachelor's Degree in counseling or related field required.
• Valid Florida Driver's License.
• Must pass background and fingerprinting checks.
• Must have the ability to manage time and resources.
• Ability to speak coherently and convey concepts.
• Computer proficiency required.
• Ability to write accurately and legibly.
• Ability to sit at a desk and view a display screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to bend, stoop and reach.
• Ability to sit in meetings for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move throughout program facilities both indoors and outdoors.
• Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds.
• Good hearing and vision.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
• Office, treatment program.
• Exposure to possible verbal abuse and similar behavior.
• Possible exposure to clients with communicable diseases.
Operation PAR, Inc. is a Drug Free Work Place and Equal Opportunity Employer